Pipelines + Facilities
Helping fuel America’s infrastructure.
Whether your pipeline project is confined to station work or stretches hundreds of miles through multiple states, our team delivers on technical expertise, efficiency, and safety.
With its founding roots in pipeline development, Metro Consulting Associates offers in-house, multidisciplinary expertise, from initial landowner engagement through post construction restoration, resulting in high-value results for your new or replacement pipeline.
Our pipeline team specializes in linear corridor projects—knowing reroutes will happen—and prioritizes safety standards with personnel trained and certified in Operator Qualification (OQ) programs, OSHA, and more so we can hit the ground running on your next project.
- Tank farms
- Block valve stations
- Pipeline Locating
- Pipeline profile depth surveys
- High precision monitoring
- GPS control network
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Boundary surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Parcel mapping
- ROW acquisition exhibits for landowners
- Wetland surveys/mapping
- Floodplain surveys
- FEMA elevation surveys
- Route surveys
- Property and easement descriptions
- Construction staking
- As-Built surveys/GIS
- Title commitment review
- Hydrological/hydraulic studies
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control plans and details
- Permitting support
- Wetland assessments, delineations, and limits
- Federal, state, and local permitting
- Inland lake and streams
- 100-year floodplain
- State violation resolution and regulatory compliance
- Stream restoration and monitoring
- Wetland mitigation and restoration design
- Wetland mitigation monitoring and report preparation
- Threatened and endangered species reviews, habitat assessment, and species-specific surveys
- Natural feature assessments
- Exotic/invasive species management
- Shoreline and stream naturalization/restoration plans
- Tree tagging, identification, and location
Right of Way Acquisition
- Corridor route evaluation and selection
- Right-of-way consulting and acquisition
- Property negotiations
- Project management
- Records management
- GIS mapping
- Ownership research and title services
- Document and exhibit preparation
- Encroachment management
Our Partnership Approach
Capabilities and expertise of a large firm.
Agile teams and budget-friendly resources of a smaller firm.
Maximizes efficiency and safety during the entire project lifecycle.
Our survey team helped refine the proposed route along the chosen 50-mile corridor that connects refining, processing, and blending facilities. In addition to the corridor work, our survey crew provided support services for the East Sparta Station and Canton Refinery.
Owensboro to Catlettsburg (OWC) Replacement Pipeline
Originally constructed in 1973, the 24-inch OWC petroleum pipeline routes through rocky terrain, which contributed to integrity issues requiring 40-miles of replacement pipe. The survey team’s project office was based in Winchester, just 30 minutes east of Lexington, a mid-way point along the pipeline route.
Shipshewana Gas Line
Metro Consulting Associates is providing a full suite of land surveying services to support right-of-way acquisition, routing and re-routing, construction, and post-construction activities for this new gas line to service residents in Shipshewana and Middlebury. Key services include, but are not limited to, route surveys, topographic surveys, easement exhibits, constructions staking, and as-built construction surveys.
Let’s work together.