Gas Distribution Systems
Helping modernize the natural gas infrastructure.
Whether you’re installing a new gas main that stretches through multiple subdivisions, communities, and counties or replacing a 100-year-old facility, our gas distribution team delivers on technical expertise, efficiency, and safety.
Metro Consulting Associates offers in-house, multidisciplinary expertise resulting in high-value results for your new, replacement, or existing gas lines and supporting facilities. Our service coverage supports your project from initial landowner engagement, to engineering design phases, all the way through post construction restoration, and asset location.
Tracking your assets in the field is key to pro-actively managing and modernizing the country’s gas infrastructure. We leverage advanced technology to locate and digitize your assets and their location in manner that is more complete, detailed, and accurate compared to traditional survey techniques.
Our gas distribution team prioritizes safety standards with personnel trained and certified in Operator Qualification (OQ) programs, OSHA, and more so we can hit the ground running on your next project.
- Pipeline Locating
- Pipeline profile depth surveys
- High precision monitoring
- GPS control network
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Boundary surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Parcel mapping
- ROW acquisition exhibits for landowners
- Wetland surveys/mapping
- Floodplain surveys
- FEMA elevation surveys
- Route surveys
- Property and easement descriptions
- Construction staking
- As-Built surveys/GIS
- Title commitment review
- Hydrological/hydraulic studies
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control plans and details
- Permitting support
- Wetland assessments, delineations, and limits
- Federal, state, and local permitting
- Inland lake and streams
- 100-year floodplain
- State violation resolution and regulatory compliance
- Stream restoration and monitoring
- Wetland mitigation and restoration design
- Wetland mitigation monitoring and report preparation
- Threatened and endangered species reviews, habitat assessment, and species-specific surveys
- Natural feature assessments
- Exotic/invasive species management
- Shoreline and stream naturalization/restoration plans
- Tree tagging, identification, and location
- Corridor route evaluation and selection
- Right-of-way consulting and acquisition
- Property negotiations
- Project management
- Records management
- GIS mapping
- Ownership research and title services
- Document and exhibit preparation
- Encroachment management
Our Partnership Approach
Capabilities and expertise of a large firm.
Agile teams and budget-friendly resources of a smaller firm.
Maximizes efficiency and safety during the entire project lifecycle.
Metro Consulting Associates is providing a full suite of land surveying services to support right-of-way acquisition, routing and re-routing, construction, and post-construction activities for this new gas line to service residents in Shipshewana and Middlebury. Key services include, but are not limited to, route surveys, topographic surveys, easement exhibits, constructions staking, and as-built construction surveys.
Metro Consulting Associates provided pre-acquisition, right of way acquisition, land surveying, and construction support services for this new underground gas line and two regulator stations to increase area capacity and reliability.
Originally constructed in 1973, the 24-inch OWC petroleum pipeline routes through rocky terrain, which contributed to integrity issues requiring 40-miles of replacement pipe. The survey team’s project office was based in Winchester, just 30 minutes east of Lexington, a mid-way point along the pipeline route.
Let’s work together.