Translating your vision for the built environment.
Every project is unique. That’s our approach to civil design. Our professional engineers focus on simple but highly refined designs that deliver on client vision, work with (not against) site constraints, and translate for construction. That means we don’t over engineer or over design projects, spending against your budget with little value. Our expert and nimble teams follow your project from start to finish, maximizing productivity and creativity every step of the way to redefine success.
- Due diligence and feasibility studies
- Grading and land balancing
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control plans and details
- Roadway and parking lot design
- Site utility design
- Water main system design
- Stormwater and wastewater management
- Hydrological/hydraulic studies
- Floodplain management
- Technical specifications and cost opinions
- Permitting assistance
- Green infrastructure design
- Bid preparation and evaluation
- Contract preparation
- Scheduling and phasing
- Construction observation
- Construction documentation
- Soil Erosion and sedimentation control inspections by a certified storm water operator
The project involved coordination of off-site utility improvements with a large-scale City watermain and a road rehabilitation project immediately adjacent to the site.
Since the City’s Engineering Department did not exist for more than a decade, it was critical for return operations to self-sustain and not strain the City’s already depleted general fund. Metro Consulting Associates established a $500,000 annal budget and paired it with a reasonable fee schedule that ensured the City’s adequate representation for right-of-way permitting, site plan reviews, and other capital improvement construction projects.
Two separate Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) permit application packages were prepared to obtain both a general and public notice permit for wetland, inland lake and streams, and floodplain impacts associated with the project.
Let’s work together.