Improving the aging grid for stability and reliability.
Knowing your focus is executing system rebuilds, redundancy, and ongoing grid maintenance, Metro Consulting Associates continually delivers on technical expertise within your aggressive timelines. Our in-house, multidisciplinary teaming approach simplifies your project needs whether that includes easement acquisition, routing support, or vegetation management for electric transmission and distribution lines and their supporting substations.
- Route Surveys
- ROW acquisition exhibits for landowners
- GPS control network
- PLSS CAD compatible topographic surveys
- Parcel mapping
- Wetland surveys/mapping
- Floodplain surveys
- Construction staking
- As-Built surveys/GIS
- Title commitment review
- Utility/subsurface utility engineering (SUE)
- Property and easement descriptions
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Boundary surveys
- 3D static scanning
- Wetland assessments, delineations, and limits
- Federal, state, and local permitting
- Inland lake and streams
- 100-year floodplain
- State violation resolution and regulatory compliance
- Stream restoration and monitoring
- Wetland mitigation and restoration design
- Wetland mitigation monitoring and report preparation
- Threatened and endangered species reviews, habitat assessment, and species-specific surveys
- Natural feature assessments
- Exotic/invasive species management
- Shoreline and stream naturalization/restoration plans
- Tree tagging, identification, and location
- Corridor route evaluation and selection
- Right-of-way consulting and acquisition
- Property negotiations
- Project management
- Records management
- GIS mapping
- Ownership research and title services
- Document and exhibit preparation
- Encroachment management
Distinction Through Technology
Leverage advanced technologies within a complete digital ecosystem.
Compatible deliverables that integrate with your systems and tools.
Increases productivity, accuracy, and asset management requirements.
Weeds Lake Transmission Line
Ecological consulting included a wetland delineation and habitat assessment with report submission to the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy (EGLE), Michigan Department of Natural Resources Wildlife and Fisheries Divisions, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). In the end, EGLE determined that a wetland, inland lakes and streams, and floodplain permit was not required for the project.
69kV Shaker Run to Liberty
Metro Consulting Associates performed courthouse research, ground survey showing property boundaries and road rights-of-ways, existing easements along route corridor, existing utilities (SUE), and LiDAR verification.
Senior Project Manager
State to Pioneer Transmission Line
The survey team provided ground survey and base maps along the 3-mile corridor. To support the client’s land acquisition efforts, easement exhibits and descriptions were provided for all 40 parcels.
Let’s work together.