Trusted natural resources partner respected by regulatory agencies.
Our goal at Metro Consulting Associates is to help clients successfully navigate local, state and federal environmental regulations to maintain forward momentum from due diligence, to construction, and through post-construction. Working closely with engineers, land planners, surveyors, GIS analysts, and other environmental professionals, our ecological team expertly helps clients avoid or minimize impacts to natural resources saving you time and money.
- Wetlands assessments, delineations, and boundary surveys
- Federal, state, and local permitting
- Inland lake and streams
- 100-year floodplain
- State violation resolution and regulatory compliance
- Stream restoration and monitoring
- Wetland mitigation and restoration design
- Wetland mitigation monitoring and report preparation
- Threatened and endangered species reviews, habitat assessment, and species-specific surveys
- Natural feature assessments
- Exotic/invasive species management
- Shoreline and stream naturalization/restoration plans
- Tree tagging, identification, and location
The cluster housing option selected for this development facilitated more open space with an enhanced stormwater management system and landscape buffers utilizing the site’s existing natural features. The project included concept planning, site design, permitting, and construction support services for the nine residential lots and associated private road, utilities, and landscaping.
The survey team provided ground survey and base maps along the 3-mile corridor. To support the client’s land acquisition efforts, easement exhibits and descriptions were provided for all 40 parcels.
Two separate Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) permit application packages were prepared to obtain both a general and public notice permit for wetland, inland lake and streams, and floodplain impacts associated with the project.
Let’s work together.