Helping communities make real, positive transformations.
With over 100 years of combined experience serving municipalities, our dynamic, daring, and diverse team of talented professionals offer something different—personalized and responsive service and genuine passion for helping communities find success.
- Infrastructure design and plan preparation
- Land Surveying and ROW permitting
- Emergency utility repair design and coordination
- Trenchless utility design solutions:
- Pipe bursting
- Cured in Place Pipe (CIPP)
- Slip Lining
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Capital improvement plans
- Construction plan review
- Stormwater management and analysis
Asset Management + GIS
- Infrastructure GIS base map creation
- Asset management and infrastructure level of service goals
- Criticality of assets and consequence of failure assessment
- Funding and rate structure methodology
- Web GIS development
- GIS administration and database management
- Meter and curb stop location mapping
- Storm sewer and structure mapping
- Water main and structure mapping
- Zoning, ownership, and other maps
- Hydrants mapping (working and non-working)
- Sanitary sewer and structure map
- Maintenance plans for public works
Community Development Services
- Grant research and writing for state and federal applications
- Funding administration and reimbursement assistance
- Community outreach and education
- Environment, Great Lakes & Energy (EGLE) compliance
- Water and sewer rate determination
- City planning and master planning
- Construction materials testing
- Manhole inspections and scanning
Rescue and rebuild communities as trusted partners.
Holistic methodology that builds on incremental improvements.
Traditional and non-traditional services that yield real results.
Infrastructure Investment + Management Program
Helping municipalities and public utilities improve our nation’s failing infrastructure.
Metro Consulting Associates was appointed Director of the City’s Water Department in 2016 and currently manages billing rates, operations and maintenance, and the overall day-to-day operations of the water and sewer systems including the customer service center. With City administration assistance, our team created a rate structure, revised annual budget structure, and fee schedule for the Water Department that ensured the $10 million annual budget fulfilled City needs and goals.
Working with our sister company, Corby Energy Services, the field teams performed sewer pipe assessments per Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP) standards and manhole inspections per Manhole Assessment and Certification Program (MACP) standards within the City’s system.
Due to funding constraints, the City was unable to perform regular maintenance activities on key assets including hydrants and valves, the latter going 15 years without attention. Today, the team flushes hydrants and exercises valves routinely per standard department of public works (DPW) and industry protocol.
Let’s work together.